It projects into The Minch and provides a walk and viewpoint.
Scottish Blue Badge Guide – Piping Scot Tours.
Golf Tours – Faraway Fairways Ltd.
Tartan and Kilts – Andrew Brookes Tailoring.
Bagpipes – Blue MacMurchie.
Both lochs form part of the Glen Garry hydroelectricity project commissioned by the North of Scotland Hydro-Electric Board in the 1950s.
The scheme was completed in 1962.
Buachaille Etive Mòr takes the form of a ridge nearly five miles (8 km) in length, almost entirely encircled by the River Etive and its tributaries.
The ridge contains four principal tops: from north-east to south-west these are Stob Dearg (1022 m), Stob na Doire (1011 m), Stob Coire Altruim (941 m) and Stob na Bròige (956 m). Stob Dearg and Stob na Bròige are both Munros; the latter was promoted to Munro status by the Scottish Mountaineering Club in 1997.
The village of Glencoe lies on its southern shore.
The burial place of the MacDonald clan of Glencoe lies on an island – Eilean Munde, St.Munda’s or St Munn’s or Saint Fintan Munnu’s Island, opposite the village.
The island burial place was also shared by the Camerons of Callart, on the north shore of the loch, the Stewarts of Ballachulish and Appin and other local families.
The village of Kinlochleven at the head of the loch was established when the aluminium smelter was built there during the first decade of the twentieth century.
It was originally the hamlets of Kinlochmore (Inverness-shire) and Kinlochbeg (Argyll) either side of the River Leven.
It lies on the road north to Fort William (Scottish Gaelic: An Gearasdan Inbhir-Lochaidh, built in 1927, which followed the shores of the loch,
but a bridge was built across the mouth of the loch at Ballachulish in 1975 to replace the Ballachulish Ferry.
Under the Ballachulish Bridge, at the entrance to the loch, is the narrows Caolas Mhic Phàdraig.
The settlements either side are North and South Ballachulish – Baile a’ Chaolais (the settlement on the narrows).
There is a fast tidal stream through the narrows, running at up to seven knots at springs; it is wise, therefore, to time any passage through the narrows with the tides.
Further up the loch, there are several other narrows – principally Caolas na Con – with significant, but diminishing tidal streams.
The loch is navigable as far as Kinlochleven, and was used by ships bringing alumina to the smelter there until its closure.
The single track road to Ardtoe, from the A861 near Acharacle, passes over Kentra Moss and skirts around Kentra Bay providing a scenic drive to this lovely beach. There is a small car park near the beach with a small parking charge.
Just one of the many lovely sandy beaches on The West Coast of Scotland.